Here are personal pregnancy experiences shared with us by new Mums.
- The first thing I noticed was that my boobs felt heavy and they were really veiny. My nipples started to tingle every so often.
- I had it all. Exhaustion, dizziness, cramping, sore boobs (taking my bra off was awful), a big pimple (unusual for me) and some weird twinges in my pelvic area.
- Around 7 dpo I started to notice very prominent bumps on my nipples and areola. Then around 10 dpo I had a very light pinkish discharge when I wiped.
- The very earliest pregnancy symptoms I noticed were sore nipples (not really breast pain but more tender than normal). I also had some light cramping off and on. At one point the cramping felt like stretching or a light pressure in my lower abdomen.
- About 9 days after I ovulated I got sore nipples. Not sore boobs just the nipples..lol!!
- Very light pink bleeding at about 8 days before my missed period.
- I started to get a feeling I was pregnant about 1 week before my period was due.I had quite tender nipples and sort of butterflies in my tummy for a day or two.
- I had very painful breasts when I took my bra off. I also had morning sickness very early on, and at about 4 weeks my tastes changed. I couldn’t eat anything strong tasting and the smell of my husband making his morning coffee made me want to be sick!
- The earliest pregnancy symptoms I had were a tiny bit of spotting and some cramping at an odd time. I didn’t realise what it was until I got my pregnancy test result back.
- I had zero pregnancy symptoms. First I knew was after a pregnancy test and I was 7 weeks. It was a big shock.
At around a week after I would have ovulated (no idea when I did though, just a guess from my dates!) I got sharp stomach pains like a stabbing pain.
- Around the time of my missed period I felt tired, with cramps (unusual for me as I rarely get menstrual cramps) and needed to go to the loo more than normal. A week later (so about 5 weeks I guess) that I started being sick!
- A week before my period was due I was sick in the middle of the night, and then around the time my period was due I was really dizzy all the time, which is something I normally get when I ovulate.
- I had little cramps on the left side of my stomach. Some kind of pulling behind my navel maybe. Slight headaches, nausea, a little lower back cramp (and a bit windy, sorry tmi) I also had slight pain in one nipple.
- I started feeling faint about 3 days before my missed period.
- I had an aversion to coffee all of a sudden. I used to love it. It just seemed to taste funny! Then there was a dizzy feeling followed by extreme tiredness!
- No symptoms at all!! Not one.
- I started getting headaches and slight nausea just before my missed period. Some cramping off and on and then the real morning sickness started!!!
- In terms of early pregnancy symptoms I had the works. Swollen breasts, nipples hurt like crazy, always going to the bathroom to wee, wind, heartburn, and cramps.
- I started feeling unusually tired and nauseated around 6 days before my period was due.
- I started to feel just a bit strange about 7 days before my period was due. Hard to describe, I just felt different. Then couple of days later I had some pinkish spotting.
- At 7dpo I started to get tummy flutters, tummy cramps and felt extremely hot for about 48 hours. After that the sore nipples kicked in.
- This is going to sound a bit strange, but the first thing that started happening was having crazy dreams. Really weird and vivid. I think that began about a week before my period was due.
- With my first pregnancy I just knew right away that my body felt different. I swear it was about 5 days after ovulation. With my second pregnancy I had no symptoms or feeling of being pregnant. I found out three days after my period should have arrived from a pregnancy test. I got a big surprise.
- I had sore boobs 5 days after ovulation that just got worse and worse and then I started crying at lame stuff on TV. I mean really lame like the MasterChef finale so I knew something was going on. I also kept getting really hot and I lost my appetite.
- I’m sorry this is a bit gross, but a lot more discharge from my vagina is what changed for me. It started well before I could take a pregnancy test.
- A missed period was the only reason I knew.
You may also like our article What does morning sickness feel like? What you need to know.